Rita’s Italian Ice Berry Wild 30th Birthday Sweepstakes- OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Rita’s Italian Ice Berry Wild 30th Birthday Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Employees and their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and in-laws) and any members of their households employed by Rita’s Water Ice Franchise Company, its affiliates, its franchisees, its suppliers or consultants are not eligible to participate.
2. Sponsor: Rita’s Water Ice Franchise Company, LLC, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
4. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on April 28, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“E.S.T.”) and ends on May 18, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
5. To enter complete the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
Step 1: Obtain the secret code word (the “Secret Code”) displayed in your local Rita’s Shop. There will be a new Secret Code each week of the Sweepstakes Period.
Step 2: Visit www.ritasice.com/birthday, and enter your information and the secret code word on the form to enter.
Step 3: Enter to Win – by clicking on the “Enter to Win” text, entering the Secret Code word and typing your full name, email address, phone number and mailing address. Limit one entry per valid email address per week of the Sweepstakes Period. You can only enter once each week with the correct code word, but since the code word changes each week, you can come back to find the new code word for another chance to enter/win.
Entrants wishing to enter into the Sweepstakes without logging on to www.ritasice.com/birthday and who meet the eligibility requirements can handprint the Entrant’s name, complete address, phone number, email address, birthdate (MM/DD/YY), the Secret Code for the week and the words “Rita’s Italian Ice Berry Wild 30th Birthday Sweepstakes” on a 3×5 card, enclosed in an envelope with sufficient postage and mail to “Rita’s Italian Ice, 30th Birthday Sweepstakes, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053. Entries must contain the Secret Code and must be received prior to the end of the week for which the Secret Code is active to be eligible.
Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. If detected, incomplete and multiple entries beyond one eligible entry per valid email address are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed. Entries with invalid or misspelled Secret Codes will be eliminated.
HOW TO WIN
6. For each day of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select a winner from all who enter the correct Secret Code for that day to win FREE Italian Ice for a year at the participating location of Sponsor. There will be a total of twenty one (21) winners of free ice for a year. Each winner will receive via mail two (2) Rita’s Gift Cards in the amount of $67.34 each for a total of $134.68 (retail value of 52 regular ices). No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of Sponsor if the stated prize is unavailable for any reason. This prize is not transferable by any of the winners.
At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one grand prize winner (from all who enter) to win FREE Italian Ice for 30 Years. The grand prize winner will receive via mail forty one (41) Rita’s gift cards in the amount of $98.55 each for a total of $4,040.40 (retail value of 52 regular ices for 30 years). No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of Sponsor. This prize is not transferable by any of the winners.
Each winner must provide a mailing address for Sponsor to mail the gift cards. Such address must be provided within 72 hours of receipt of email notification from Sponsor of entrant’s selection as a potential winner. If no address is provided, the potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate winner to receive the subject prize.
The selection of winners by Sponsor is final. Each entrant is only eligible to receive one prize per week. Sponsor will advise winners of their selection by sending an email to the address provided in the form of entry. Prizes will be fulfilled within 8 weeks of notification from Sponsor.
A list of actual winners (name, city and state) will be posted on the Rita’s Facebook Fan Page and will be updated during the Sweepstakes Period. Rita’s reserves the right to post the winners profile pictures.
By claiming and accepting the prize, the winner(s) authorize the use, without compensation, of his or her name for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium which Sponsor deems appropriate. Such right includes a royalty free non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, modify, display, transmit, adapt, publish, translate, sub-license, distribute, create derivative works from or otherwise use the winner’s name, likeness or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
By claiming and accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Sponsor may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injuries associated with accepting or using the prize.
If the potential winner cannot be contacted, potential winner forfeits the prize. Sponsor may select an alternate winner to receive the subject prize.
7. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
8. Proof of age, identity and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request.
9. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
10. Limit one entry per valid email address per week of the Sweepstakes Periods.
11. Prize/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): (1): Rita’s Ice for one (1) year, awarded as two (2) Rita’s Gift Cards in the amount of $67.34 each for a total of $134.68 redeemable at the participating location of Sponsor; (2) Rita’s Ice for thirty (30) years, awarded as forty one (41) Rita’s gift cards in the amount of $98.55 each for a total of $4,040.40 redeemable at the participating location of Sponsor. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Each prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, and non-refundable and must be accepted by a winner, as awarded.
12. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of such participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and to determine winner from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to notify appropriate law enforcement and to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) any claims related to or arising out of any of Sponsor’s actions or inactions with respect to Sponsor’s discretion herein described; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in Entries, selection, and announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prize awarded, or the determination of Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions, rights, and obligations of an entrant in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”). Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
16. For good and valuable consideration, Participant agrees to hold Facebook, its officers, trustees, employees and agents harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes. You acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is no way, sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. All entries are being provided to the Rita’s Entities and not Facebook.