Rita’s Chocolate Lovers Facebook Giveaway Promotion – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Rita’s Facebook Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees and their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings, children, grandparents and in-laws) and any members of their households employed by The Rita’s Franchise Company sponsoring this promotion and any of their affiliates, parent corporations, and subsidiaries are not eligible to participate.
2. Sponsor: Rita’s Franchise Company, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053.
3. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and that all information provided by Entrant is being provided to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if these Official Rules are not followed.
5. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on February 3, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“E.S.T.”) and ends on February 28, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. E.S.T. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
HOW TO ENTER
6. To enter complete the following steps during the Sweepstakes Period:
Step 1: Become a Fan – Fans must enter online at www.facebook.com/ritasitalianicecompany
Step 2: Enter to Win – by clicking on the “Enter to Win” text and typing your full name and email address. Limit one entry per valid email address.
Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. If detected, incomplete and multiple entries beyond one eligible entry per valid email address are void. Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable or delayed.
* The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights or that constitutes copyright infringement;
* The Entry may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source;
* The Entry must not contain brand names, logos or trademarks;
* The Entry must not contain any ideas or content that any person living or deceased (including, but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light); or entity considers proprietary, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be considered and may disqualify the Entrant;
* The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, derogatory, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, which determination Sponsor may make in its sole discretion;
HOW TO WIN
7. Sponsor will randomly select one winner from all who enter during the Sweepstakes Period to win the Grand Prize which includes Free Ice for a Year (52 Coupons) (Valued @ $130 Retail) and a 5lb Hershey’s Chocolate Bar (Valued @ $40 Retail). No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of Sponsor if the stated prize is unavailable for any reason. This prize is not transferable by any of the winner. The Grand Prize Winner will be chosen on February 24, 2014
Sponsor will randomly select 10 winners throughout the Sweepstakes Period from all who enter to win a Prize pack valued @ $25. (Prize to include Hershey’s Plush toys, Hershey’s Candy, Rita’s Bumper Magnet, Rita’s Free Treat Coupons). No cash redemption or prize substitution is allowed by the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason in the sole discretion of Sponsor if the stated prize is unavailable for any reason. This prize is not transferable by any of the winners.
Each winner must provide a mailing address for Sponsor to mail the prize pack or coupons. Such address must be provided within 72 hours of receipt of email notification from Sponsor of entrant’s selection as a potential winner. If no address is provided, the potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate winner to receive the subject prize.
The selection of winners by Sponsor is final. Each entrant is only eligible to receive one prize. Sponsor will advise winners of their selection by sending an email to the address provided in the form of entry. Prizes will be fulfilled within 8 weeks of notification from Sponsor.
A list of actual winners (name, city and state), along with their profile picture, will be posted on the Rita’s Facebook Fan Page and will be updated during the Sweepstakes Period.
By claiming and accepting the prize, the winner(s) authorize the use, without compensation, of his or her name for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium which Sponsor deems appropriate. Such right includes a royalty free non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, modify, display, transmit, adapt, publish, translate, sub-license, distribute, create derivative works from or otherwise use the winner’s name, likeness or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes, worldwide, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law.
By claiming and accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Sponsor may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injuries associated with accepting or using the prize.
If the potential winner cannot be contacted, potential winner forfeits the prize. Sponsor may select an alternate winner to receive the subject prize.
8. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
9. Proof of age, identity and eligibility must be furnished to Sponsor upon request.
10. Sponsor will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
11. Internet access is necessary in order to enter.
12. Limit one entry per valid email address.
13. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the Released Parties) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of such participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
14. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and to determine winner from all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to notify appropriate law enforcement and to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
16. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections of phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) any claims related to or arising out of any of Sponsor’s actions or inactions with respect to Sponsor’s discretion herein described; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Entries or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical/other error in Entries, selection, and announcement or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes.
17. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern Pennsylvania (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.