Franchise Operations Coach for Virginia, North Carolina, Southern Maryland
DEPARTMENT : Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate the comprehension of all operational programs and systems involved in the operation of a Rita’s Franchise Shop
- Implementation and training for new products, roll outs, programs and equipment in the Rita’s System
- Coordinate, train and execute assigned new shop development and transfers
- Provide consultative services to the franchisees on all business and operational -related matters
- Assist in the development and implementation of programs that improve sales, financial controls, and profitability
- Work with franchisees to plan and execute local store marketing programs.
Perform shop visits to ensure the proper display and application of corporate branding materials, shop manager development, local store marketing, and educating and supporting shops with best practices
- Maintain positive working relationships with franchisees
- Utilize TOPS assessments to guide and direct Franchisees and Managers to ensure compliance with brand product, operations, marketing, and service standards
- Utilize Critical Operating Standards Program to identify, address and cure issues that negatively impact the brand
- Work as needed with cross-functional teams such as development, R&D, marketing, supply, training and others to launch and achieve targeted results for operations programs and initiatives
- Bring all available programs and materials to the field in an effective and consistent manner to ensure their success
- Provide direct support and guidance to coach Franchisees and designated Managers through training modules and initiatives
- Accountable for bringing sound management principles to the franchisees in order to increase sales, control costs and improve overall profitability, while protecting our Brand Standards
- Communicate to immediate supervisor and Franchisee any non-compliant situations in field regarding RFC’s policies, procedures and Brand Standards
- Provide structured feedback and effective communications to the franchisees on their overall operational performance and business needs
- Post appropriate documentation and notes within CoolNet
- Conduct Business Assessments and Shop Visit Sessions to support franchisees in goal setting and the execution of action items to achieve set goals
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Required skills, experience and education
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of related management experience in restaurant, retail or hospitality industry.
- 1-year experience conducting presentations – ability to communicate and present effectively to various audiences
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation
- Exude a strong professional presence when working with different personality traits
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in a professional and positive manner, to leadership, as well as, internally and externally
- Required computer skills: E-mail, Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel, basic social media knowledge
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to take initiative and work independently, while managing schedule efficiently and effectively in a deadline sensitive environment
- Display empathy while still supporting company/operational policies, procedures and values
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Strong business acumen skills (basic financial skills, use of competitive data, etc.)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to taste and smell the products.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Domestic travel by car and/or air and can vary from 1-14 day periods
- Work weekends, evenings and mornings.
- May be required to work holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to operate all equipment used in shop operations.
- Perform repetitive tasks, i.e. scooping, stirring, and lifting.
- Required to travel up to 50% of the work schedule.