IT Help Desk Technician – Trevose
Under general supervision, provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolution to all Rita’s Employees, Customers and Franchisees. Provide hands on technical support to our users in an efficient, accurate manner. Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; troubleshoot network, server, printer, problems; track and escalate severe issues and problems trends to peers and/or management; conduct hardware and software inventory database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
- Great communication and organizational skills with the ability to multitask. Motivates, challenges, coaches, and provides feedback to others.
- Eager to learn and support new technologies.
- Installs, configures, and responds to Employees, Customers and Franchisees calls for software, hardware, peripherals, and other data network devices task.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems. Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution for smart phones, desk phones, laptop, desktops, tablets printer, network, issues with hardware or software.
- Troubleshoots and repairs network connectivity issues; updates hardware inventory including spare parts; replaces and removes old equipment.
- Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Serves as a customer advocate and provides efficient and effective Information Services solutions.
- Develops and maintains technical documentation. Creates materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs). Maintains accurate help desk manuals, procedure manuals, policy manuals, and installation procedure manuals with the latest support information.
- Coordinates timely repair of equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements. Maintains up to date vendor contact list for technical support and maintenance and contacts vendors timely for support when needed.
- Performs hardware repair for equipment and peripherals that are not covered by maintenance agreements.
- Maintains inventory and tracks software, hardware, and licensing assets.
- Install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards and switches.
- Ensures that the customer is kept informed of the call and ticket status through problem resolution.
- Keeps managers/leadership current on the status of all outstanding issues, outages and so forth.
- Assigns problem ticket and dispatches work order timely to appropriate staff for quick resolution.
- Attends departmental staff meetings to meet communication expectations of the customer. Performs other duties as assigned and adapts to department’s changing needs.
- Demonstrates top performance and a passion for excellence. Meets and surpasses goals successfully. Holds self and others accountable for meeting results. Actively engages staff to contribute to departmental and organizational success.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Office 365 Administration experience is required.
- Proficiency in English. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, as well as strong phone etiquette required.
- Some iOS and Android experience
- 2-3 years practical, real world hardware and software experience, including experience with Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Familiar with Computer Networking. Routers, Switches, Wi-Fi
- Familiar with business Telephone systems. Telecommunication carriers, VOIP telephone systems.
- Experience managing and maintaining a Help desk tracking/ticketing tool (Jira)
- Must be able to multi-task (responding to emails, voicemail and backlog, not just phone calls).
- Must be proficient with Windows OS, Mac OS, various internet browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) and mobile devices (Apple and Android). Also, video conferencing software such as Zoom.
- Understanding of Office 365 products (Exchange Online, SharePoint, MS Teams)
- Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote control
- Understanding of Active Directory and MS Exchange
- Must be able to administer mail flow rules, distribution lists and mailbox permissions in Exchange.
- Must have proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) and previous experience supporting these applications.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license that is in good standing.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision.
- Technical Certifications such as A+, Network+ or MCP are a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a technical role.
- A good listener with a proven ability to build relationships with all levels of staff