Director of Real Estate
The Director of Real/Estate -Development will lead activities related to the site feasibility analysis and site selection of shop sites. This is accomplished through ongoing coaching and counseling of franchisees, as well as interaction and coordination with the Operations Franchise Business Consultants, Design & Construction Services Team, architects, engineers, general contractors, land use attorneys and governmental authorities.Come be part of a fun and Iconic brand of Frozen Treats where we spread ICE,CUSTARD and HAPPINESS to the world.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for successful site selection based on company’s strategic goals.
- Open required number of stores based on plan.
- Demonstrated success in implementing new strategies and procedures within real estate and construction areas.
- Performs DMA and trade area analysis, proposed site analysis and evaluation, and presentation of proposed sites to site review committee.
- Prepares and leads DMA and site tours with franchisees, brokers and others
- Managing and develops strong pipeline for continued success.
- Provides support and coaching to franchisees for LOI and lease negotiations, lease re-negotiations and rent reductions.
- Works with Franchise Sales in providing both trade area and individual site analysis.
- Builds and maintains relationships with real estate brokers, developers and retail center owners.
- Sources and trains new brokers as the company expands.
- Monitors the status of leases through full execution providing initial and subsequent version lease reviews and communicates comments to franchisee and/or attorney to include all franchisee venue agreements.
- Manages lease renewal tracking system and communicates with franchisees regarding renewals and exercising of options.
- Manages the Development Report and Real Estate Reports
- Manages and provides store opening forecast data for Senior Management.
- Attendance at required conventions and industry events
- Builds and maintains strong, collaborative, cross-functional relationships
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Previous real estate experience/site selection oversight
- Four-year degree preferred or equivalent in architecture, engineering, project management or related experience.
- Possess key architecture, engineering, and construction management principles associated with multi-unit, franchisee driven development.
- Experience in Operations, Real Estate and new business development in the QSR or Retail, franchise experience preferred.
- Must have a dynamic personality and be a forward thinker.
- Demonstrated success in implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Communication-Ability of listening, writing and speaking effectively.
- Flexibility-Ability to control multiple projects and tasks in which you can identify their important level then decide which should be done first, which should be done last.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of legal and other issues related to franchising, such as FDD Knowledge and Discovery Day presentations.
- Proficiency to manage against established timelines and budgets and prioritize activities based on needs of the projects.
- Effective coach and mentor to direct reports and franchisees.
- Ability to lead and participate in productive, multi-functional meetings and to build high performing working relationships with direct team and other functions.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Travel up to 35%.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and CAD preferred