Vice President of Operations, Rita’s Franchise Company
REPORTS TO: President
The VP of Operations is responsible for managing and directing all facets of our Operations Department and Education Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads all aspects of the Operations & Training functions, works closely with cross-functional departments to drive operational excellence and profitable brand growth.
- Develops and directs procedures and methods to ensure KPI’s are established, results are met and maintained for the Operations and Education Department.
- Drive the development of programs that improve unit level economics (ULE), financial controls and share best practices, while maintaining brand standards at the shop level.
- Leads and recommends improvement processes of policies, procedures and overall direction of operations and training practices.
- Meet or exceed goals operations within the operating budget.
- Provide structured feedback, effective coaching and counseling utilizing reports/dashboards to all direct reports and ensure that the cascading process is in place to lead performance results and developmental needs.
- Lead and manage the development of programs and materials that will enhance the operational standards and grow the brand for the franchise community.
- Cascade the execution and implementation of programs and materials to the field in an effective and consistent manner that insures success.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for executing and monitoring projects, such as the project plan, research, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to identify, inform and take corrective action.
- Provides expertise and guidance in the all areas of Operations and Training throughout the system, while leading the field team to achieve operational excellence.
- Responsible for overall Operations department budget.
- Develops and manages franchisee relationships, while maintaining brand standards and operational execution.
- Ensures the transfer/resale process is implemented to standards, maintains strong working relationship with franchise sales & development team leaders.
- Participates and signs off with the site selection process.
- Develops and manages the Real Estate and Construction Team process to hit successful openings schedule and achieve the sales goals projected.
- Experience managing senior managers from multiple departments
- Excellent organization, management, administrative, and leadership skills exhibiting creativity, collaboration, and teamwork
- Demonstrated experience with financial accountability and P&L responsibility Effectively able to teach others to understand the financial impact of operational decisions, and help to establish and implement performance measurements and procedures to reach goals
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills, effectively presenting information to top management and franchisees
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Effectively manages multiple priorities and workflow.
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach, including strong analytical and tactical execution
- Demonstrated ability to use persuasion and negotiation and other communication principles to influence results
- Strong computer skills. Ability to prepare well written proposals and reports, develop spreadsheets as management and analysis tools, and create presentations. Ability to manage a great deal of communication via electronic methods
- Proven ability to drive, lead, and communicate change effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to plan and execute company-wide strategic initiatives
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and proactive problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Innovative and embracing new ideas and technology
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong degree of initiative, professionalism
- Desire to work with a diverse and expanding work force
- Franchise Operations Leadership
- Industry / Technical Expertise
- Strong Business Acumen
- Entrepreneurial Brand Ambassador
- Organizational Development
- Strategic Leadership
- Creative and Resourceful
- Project Management abilities
- Strong Interpersonal skills
Required Education and Experience:
- 4 year college degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of related management experience in restaurant, retail or hospitality industry specifically in the franchise industry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to taste and smell the products.
- Overnight travel 25-30%
- Work the needs of the business to include some weekend and evening store visits as necessary.
- Must be willing to learn and become subject matter expert on all shop equipment and product offered.