2018 Gelati Sweeps Contest (this “Contest”) – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who are 13 years of age or older as of the date of entry. This Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Rita’s Franchise Company, LLC (“Rita’s”), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Affiliated Employees”), and immediate family members (including spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or those living in the same household of Affiliated Employees are not eligible to participate in this Contest. Rita’s franchise owners, and their employees (“Franchisee Parties”), and immediate family members (including spouses, children, siblings, parents) of Franchisee Parties and/or those living in the same household of Franchisee Parties are not eligible to participate in the Contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Contest is limited to one (1) entry per person.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Rita’s as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on noon (12:00 PM) EST on Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 and ending midnight (11:59 PM) EST on Monday, April 9th, 2018.
- How to Enter:
Enter through Rita’s Rewards: Enter by visiting a Rita’s store five (5) times during the contest period, and during each visit use the Rita’s Ice Mobile App Rita’s Rewards program to receive a virtual punch.
Enter by Mail: To enter this Contest by mail without purchase, mail your First and Last Name, Home Address, Phone Number and E-Mail Address (if applicable) to Rita’s Gelati Sweeps, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053. Entry must be handwritten and postmarked by March 30, 2018, and received by April 9, 2018. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Rita’s. No mechanical reproductions will be accepted. Rita’s is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, invalid, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, or postage-due mail/requests, which will be disqualified and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Rita’s. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Rita’s.
- Prizes: The winner of this Contest (the “Winner”) will receive will receive free regular Gelatis for a year in the form of 52 Free Regular Gelati Coupons that can be used at any Rita’s location. The retail value of the free Gelatis for a year is $184.60. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Rita’s. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Rita’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Rita’s to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by Rita’s at random. Winner will be notified by Rita’s within 10 days following the contest period. Rita’s shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT RITA’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THIS CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Rita’s, anyone acting on behalf of Rita’s, and Rita’s franchisee, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about this Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Rita’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Rita’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of this Contest. In such case, Rita’s may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Rita’s. Rita’s reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Rita’s has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of this Contest, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Rita’s reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. You agree that when participating in this Contest, You will not engage in any illegal and/or inappropriate activities.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Rita’s and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, franchisees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in this Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of this Contest or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Rita’s Franchise Company, LLC, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053 USA. Requests must be received no later than Monday, April 9th, 2018.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of this Contest is Rita’s Franchise Company, LLC, 1210 Northbrook Drive, Suite 310, Trevose, PA 19053 USA.
- By participating in this Contest, You, the contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.