Help Desk and Technical Documentation Intern
- Assist IT with planning, design, research, write concise documentation of processes.
- Create documentation with technical clarity, accuracy, grammar, consistent terminology and style.
- Prepare documentation that is clear and logical.
- Utilize internal ticket system to ensure that all issues are moving toward resolution and client needs are met.
- Work under senior support team members in order to develop independent skills in the areas of software installation, hardware problem solving, and customer service.
- Other projects as directed and assigned
- Currently majoring in or completed a degree program in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, related IT or Engineering discipline preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong proofreading skills and aptitude to technology
- Familiarity with Jira Service Desk and Confluence are preferred but not required
- Capable of working independently as well as with a team.
- Demonstrate a working understanding and knowledge of the IT field including but not limited to hardware and software.
- Working familiarity with electronic components and maintenance of components.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interface with co workers and clients alike
- Commitment to customer service and meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to lift objects upwards of 50 lbs
- Ability to work 20+ hours a week with a set schedule.
- Desire for continuous learning
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore or higher at a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field.